none
.Net 2.0 Conversion issue with memory leak RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We are having memory related problem with our .Net 2.0 application.
    The application was working fine with 1.1 version. We migrated our code to 2.0 and it started leaking memory somewhere. We see that worked process goes on increasing after the application starts. 
    It reaches a threshold point and system stops responding. We used clr profiles and did not get much help.  We are guessing that GC is not doing its job properly. We noticed that objects from Gen 2 are not getting relased at all. They remain there forever.

We have found a workaround to recycle the worker process after it reaches that point, but would like to solve the real issue. Is there some setting that needs to changed for .Net 2.0 framework.

Any help is apprciated.

Thanks
    • Changed type Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:41 AM change to comment since no responses for more than 3 days
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:20 PM

All replies

• There is no magic setting that instantly solves your problem.  You probably already guessed that.  You'll need to buy a memory profiler, don't waste your time with the free stuff.
    Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:03 AM
  • I do not totally agree with the statement. I have seen toughest of memory leak problems solved using WinDbg which I guess is free.

--
    Madhur

http://blogs.msdn.com/mahuja | Please mark the replies as answers if they help
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:17 AM