none
Reload queries/items after token expiry and 401 unauthorised error RRS feed

• Question

• HasPendingRequests flag is set to false, after every ExecuteQuery. This happens even if the ExecuteQuery returned '401 - Unauthorised'. The previously loaded items are dismissed and we have to re-load them. Is there any good way to re-execute the loaded query items? Calling a Load() again seems one option, but would like to know more options/ideas.

ctx.Load(web.Lists);

RetryCall();

void RetryCall()

{

bool canRetry = true;

while (canRetry) {

try {

ctx.ExecuteQuery();   // Assume this throws 401.

} catch (Exception e) {

// Check to see what kind of error is and then set canRetry flag appropriately.

// If it returns 401, I want to retry after fetching the new access token. Am able to get the new token, but

// have to reload items (i.e., ctx.Load(web.lists)). Any suggestions?

}

}

}

Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh,

Can you provide the complete code in use? Let’s see if there is any better way to handle the re-request.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:59 AM
  • Hi Rajesh,

Any progress or have you found a better way?

Best regards,

Patrick

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Patrick, I have to create this code file for you (removing some other code). Isn't that snippet easy to fit into any of your working samples?

I see not much way than to reload in case of token expiry. The context seems to be having a opaque list of items and so can't really construct them again.

Regards

Rajesh.R

Friday, February 24, 2017 3:16 PM
  • Hi Rajesh,

How is the thing going now?

I would say your code is already very straight forward and there seems no other better way to re-send the request.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on this issue and come back if there is any finding.

Best regards,

Patrick

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:55 AM
  • Hi Patrick, the one way that helped was to reload the LINQ when the token has expired. I haven't found any solution thus far.

Regards

Rajesh.R

Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:18 AM