2013 Preview + RIA Service broken: "The etag value in the request header does not match with the current etag value of the object." RRS feed

• Question

• Just put together a 2013 LightSwitch + WCF RIA Service project and hardly doing anything interesting at all, just a simple entity and its CRUD methods in my RIA Service, and I'm getting concurrency conflicts up the wazoo and also "The etag value in the request header does not match with the current etag value of the object." Also when I inspect the conflicts the "conflicting properties" list is empty (the heck? what's conflicting? it's not "deleted on server" either).

I didn't have this issue with 2012. Also in my insertion method I'm properly calling SaveChanges and setting the Id of the client-side entity to the new Id from the database identity column. (Not doing this is a common cause of concurrency issues.)

Anyone know what's going on? Looks like I'm headed back to 2012. Might be a good idea anyway I ran into some other bugs with the 2013 Preview so far, I just like how much faster 2013 runs.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:59 AM

Answers

• Wow. Removed every entity from the data source. Re-added. Working now.

*frustration facepalm*

*adds to the list of "this problem doesn't mean code is broken, just LS"*

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:35 AM

All replies