FBWF + Runtime error 8005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have couple of questions.

I'm deploying my XP embedded image (cloned) to target unit(s) and I thought I followed all the steps but I guess not.
    I'm getting a runtime error 8005, Port already open when FBWF is enabled but when I run it up with FBWF disabled, it goes away.

I have a propritery software that uses both COM 1 and COM 2.  Not sure how I can go about troubleshooting this.

Also, a general question regards to FBWF.  Will it protect critical operating system files from sudden and possibly frequent power interuptions?

Any inputs will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:57 PM

Answers

• No I don't use a minifilter in the software. This only shows up in the old version of software.  The new software waits for 1 second prior to initiating communication with the com ports.  Do you think it's possible due to FBWF speeding up loading time it's causing conflicts between windows and our software regards to com ports?

This only happens during cold boot (our software is set to startup automatically every time).

Thanks

Steve
    • Marked as answer by Steve_Oh Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:41 PM

All replies

• This is strange since FBWF does not do anything with the COM ports. Does your propriety software install a minifilter by any chance? Since FBWF is a minifilter, it does create a minifilter communication port but that is not related to COM ports.

In regards to your other question, FBWF does help with sudden power interruptions since you have less files actually opened on your devices so less chance for corruption. That is one of the benefit of a write filter.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:04 AM
  • No I don't use a minifilter in the software. This only shows up in the old version of software.  The new software waits for 1 second prior to initiating communication with the com ports.  Do you think it's possible due to FBWF speeding up loading time it's causing conflicts between windows and our software regards to com ports?

This only happens during cold boot (our software is set to startup automatically every time).

Thanks

Steve
    • Marked as answer by Steve_Oh Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:41 PM