- Build an app with an webview and call NavigateToString("<html><body><a href=\"myApp://http://www.bing.com\">Link</a></body></html>") on the webview.
- Start the app and click on the link
- an dialog appears saying that "myApp" is not known and you should choose some app to work with. OK.
- find the appxmanifest file and add a protocol declaration for "myapp" (no other fields filled)
- Start the app and click the link
- the app says it wants to change the app (to itsself ... ?). Still OK
- No remove the protocol declaration from the manifest
- start the app again
- click the link ... Nothing happens. The Default handling is lost.
I can't fix this. Deinstalling the app won't work and rebooting also won't bring back the original handling. Seems to be a bug in VS oder in Win 8 itself.
Edited bytkrasingerWednesday, October 31, 2012 10:11 AM
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:58 PM
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Msdn Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Msdn Web site.