Project 2010 Visual Report no longer export Outline fields in Outline format in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed the release of Project 2010 and I was so disappointed to see that the Outline field structure is no longer supported in Visual Reports.  When exporting  outline fields in Project 2007 the outline structure is respected.  In Project 2010 it export the field detail only without the outline structure.  Changing the print options in Excel also does not work.

Can you tell me when this will be fixed?  Now I need to keep a project 2007 image running all the time.  This was very frustrating and disappointing.

Help!

Gold Partner - NYC
    Friday, April 23, 2010 4:07 PM

Answers

• I'm seeing the same issue as you with Outline Code custom fields. The only way I could get the hierarchy to show up correctly in the report was to have a task that had every node of the outline code selected and then it would show up correctly.

So to get around this issue, you could add some dummy task to your plan that have the parent levels of the outline code selected.

Thanks.

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:12 PM