none
Connection filtering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

moved to exchange 2013 and the other day I removed the last exchange 2010 (Hub server)

After the move we receive a lot of spam. I've just found out that Exchange 2013 does not support connection filtering (we cant use RBL Providers) WTF

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj619283.aspx

This is from technet: You can't enable the anti-spam agents on an Exchange 2013 Client Access server. Therefore, the only way to get the Connection Filtering agent is to install an Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2007 Edge Transport server in the perimeter network. For more information, see Use an Edge Transport Server in Exchange 2013.

Microsoft you cant take away connection filtering - we now have a lot of spam - anyway to minimize spam without buying third part solutions???

LS

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:11 AM

Answers

• As said on Technet, you can deploy Exchange Server 2010 Edge server and subscribe it to your Exchange 2013 organization, and use all benefits of content filtering from version 2010. Alternatively, you can consider Exchange Online Protection - cloud based service for AV/AS

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Friday, October 11, 2013 8:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by LSVO Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:55 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 8:11 PM