display of recurring event in sharepoint 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a recurring event but I only want the next instance to appear in the web part - as it is now, every instance that the default setting of the web part allows is displayed.  I only want the next occurance to show and cannot find a way to limit the amount of data that displays.  I am having to enter each meeting individually in order to have only one show and this defeats the whole point.  I am working in the events web part. 

Please understand that I am not a developer - I'm a lay person with limited IT resources trying to use the basic functionality of the software.

Thanks.

Robbin Pearson
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

• Which web part are you using? If you are using the default list web part, then probably it is showing "Current Events" view. If you have created a view then modify your web part and select your view under "Selected View" header. If not then go to your list settings, and create a view as per your requirement. You will find "Create View" option at the bottom of your page. Then set this view of yours in the web part as "Selected View".

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:51 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:32 PM
  • I have no way of checking if this applies to events in WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003, but in principle even for those older products you can specify the number of items that are to be shown in a View by amending that particular parameter in a view (go to something like Site Settings and select the view them go way down the page and there will be a line with something like "Number of Items" that you can change to 1).

In order to make this one item the latest item, you need to change the sorting order of the View (also in the View edit page but higher up in the main section) so that it is descending in order of the date.

The problem is that without a v2 system I can't check whether this standard method will also work for Events.

Mike

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• Which web part are you using? If you are using the default list web part, then probably it is showing "Current Events" view. If you have created a view then modify your web part and select your view under "Selected View" header. If not then go to your list settings, and create a view as per your requirement. You will find "Create View" option at the bottom of your page. Then set this view of yours in the web part as "Selected View".

Hope this helps.

Monday, March 14, 2011 2:32 PM
  • I have no way of checking if this applies to events in WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003, but in principle even for those older products you can specify the number of items that are to be shown in a View by amending that particular parameter in a view (go to something like Site Settings and select the view them go way down the page and there will be a line with something like "Number of Items" that you can change to 1).

In order to make this one item the latest item, you need to change the sorting order of the View (also in the View edit page but higher up in the main section) so that it is descending in order of the date.

The problem is that without a v2 system I can't check whether this standard method will also work for Events.

Mike

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:12 PM