none
Private Publish - How auto upgrade works in Store ? RRS feed

• Question

• How auto upgrade works in Store if i publish app in private mode..

so after update new app in store with greater version number ... will auto update my app ?

how many time it require to update app?

Saturday, November 16, 2019 4:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>How auto upgrade works in Store if i publish app in private mode..so after update new app in store with greater version number ... will auto update my app ?

If the private publish means you chose Private audience in the visibility options, then you can publish updated submissions to the private audience, which will be distributed to members of those audience in the same way as a regular app update.

>>how many time it require to update app?

The update will go through the normal submission process. It might take 12-48 hours to let the app get approved.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, November 18, 2019 2:21 AM
  • After app approved how much time is required to auto upgrade client from strore...

In my store it shows update available now its 24 hour my client is not yet auto update.. so want to know how much it want to update client..

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:15 AM
  • 1) Need to add any code in my UWP code for auto update application from store?

2) For mandatory update need to add any code in my UWP code?

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

>>Need to add any code in my UWP code for auto update application from store?

No, you don't need to add any code to the app.

>>For mandatory update need to add any code in my UWP code?

Yes, you could refer to this blog:Developer controlled app updates and this document:Download and install package updates from the Store

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:11 AM
  • For silent upgrade need to add any code in UWP code?
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

No, you don't need to. UWP apps will be updated in silent by default.

Best regards,

Roy

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:30 AM