none
Visual Web Developer 2013 AutoCompleteExtender AJAX toolkit VB problem

    Question

  • I am trying to add a autocompleteextender to a aspx page in a newly created website in VWD 2013. I selected New Website - ASP.NET Web Forms Site. I have searched the internet for instructions on how to do this since I am by no means a professional. I found an example which I downloaded and modified it so that I could use my own SQL connection. I opened this web example as a new website and it works great. This example does not require a webservice to run. When I add the aspx & aspx.vb files to my website, it does not work. It is set to begin the search after the first 3 characters. As soon as I enter a forth charater, it kind of freezes and displays what seems to be the html code for the webpage in a vertical fasion. I sure that the problem is in the aspx.vb file and or that I must use a webservice asmx file. I have experimented quit a lot and have not found a solution. I hve succedded in getting rifd of the error, but then it does not display any listing s from the sql query. Can you please help? here is a live link http://musickix.com/vb.aspx. I send my code if desired.
    Friday, January 8, 2016 10:53 PM

Answers

  • Thanks, I noticed that I should have posted this to the asp forum, after I read several other comments. I fixed it anyway by dropping the while ajaxtoolkit and going with jquery. I solved my problem with 15 minutes of switching to jquery.
    • Marked as answer by MARSMYLES Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

  • Hi MARSMYLES,

    This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

    Since your problem is more related to ASP.NET, I suggest you post this problem to ASP.NET forum for a better help.

    https://forums.asp.net/

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei

    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:50 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks, I noticed that I should have posted this to the asp forum, after I read several other comments. I fixed it anyway by dropping the while ajaxtoolkit and going with jquery. I solved my problem with 15 minutes of switching to jquery.
    • Marked as answer by MARSMYLES Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:38 PM