none
Roadmap to windows 8.1 Industry RRS feed

• Question

• I know that it is difficult to question as mine to be answered easily. 

I need a roadmap in order to connect the pieces of Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry puzzle. I am complete newbie in this and I do not know where and how to start. I have no previous experience with embedded.

Any help, link, guide, notes would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:16 AM

All replies

• There are lots of links about Windows embedded 8.1. The link I gave is one of official link, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/windows-embedded-8-industry.aspx. You can download the evalution to know more.
    • Edited by bagira520 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:16 PM edit link
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:58 PM
  • The link you provided does not work at least currently.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:15 PM
  • The link you provided does not work at least currently.
    Click the link again, and when the error page shows, delete the period at the end of the URL.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:33 PM
  • Roadmap? Or assistance building images?

My book covers how to use WEI8.1 and SIM to build images: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_SGSIM.html

As far as roadmap, having been doing this for 2 decades. From the desktop operating system in embedded the history goes as follows: MS-DOS, Windows 95, NT Embedded 4.0, Windows XP Embedded (WES2009), WES7, WE8S, and WEI 8.1.

Is there a specific issue?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.

I would like to know the steps required:

2. Use WSIM to create the answer file

3. Then create from WSIM the image?

4. e.t.c

only the steps I need to know, technical details I think I would find through googling..

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:41 PM
  • There are lots of step to the process, which the book covers.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:15 AM