VS 2013 Designer View not showing UI Elements

Question

• Hi,

My visual studio 2013 designer does not show any UI elements. Please help.

Regards
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:13 PM

All replies

• Perhaps a repair of VS is in order?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Proposed as answer by Sameer Chughtai Wednesday, December 10, 2014 5:28 AM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:18 PM
  • Hello Matt,

My problem while making windows 8.1 phone apps my designer view does not show UI element , while my windows 8.0 phone apps are not causing any difficulty to designer.Please do answer.

Regards

Friday, October 31, 2014 12:49 PM
  • I did answer. Did you repair the installation? Perhaps a full uninstall/reinstall?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, October 31, 2014 1:04 PM
  •  I tried to repair it but it showed a message that 'update 2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer.'
    Saturday, November 01, 2014 6:32 AM
  • What's the latest update of your VS2013 installation? The latest available is update 3, try installing that.

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:04 PM