locked
PushNotificationChannelManager HR-Result: 0x803E0103

    Question

  • Hello,

    i got a Problem with a user, who is try to get notifications from my app.

    The following error is throwen out:

    A notification channel request for the provided application identifier is in progress.(HR-Result: 0x803E0103)

    This happens on the following code:

    PushNotificationChannel

    channel = awaitPushNotificationChannelManager.CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync();

    It works for other users without a Problem. I don't know why this happens. 

    Regards

    Thomas


    • Edited by LongInteger Friday, February 07, 2014 7:39 PM
    Friday, February 07, 2014 7:36 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Your codes seems no problem. The user firewall may be blocking. You can suggest him rebooted his computer.

    Best Wishes!


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Hello, I'm the user in question above. =)

    So, I tried the following to try to resolve the issue:

    -> Kaspersky Firewall: Checked, and nothing seems incorrect.
    -> Notification Configs of Windows: Tried almost everything related to this: not only the options in the PC Settings, but also searched for options revolving the registry of Windows, etc etc, nothing, no luck.
    -> Router Firewall: OK, not even enabled.

    Also tried to search if there would be a possibility that the WNS (Windows Push Notifications Service) could not be running, but could not even find that service: nor running, nor listed in the services. Not shure where to look more though.

    About the Kaspersky configs: Also checked with a VM Windows 8 that LongInteger has installed, compared my configs with is VM configs, everything seems identical, but his VM receives the notifications and I don't.

    I'm out of ideas, and the searches that I've made around the web have resulted in little to none possibilites on fixing this... Maybe something's missing me...
    Also, I'm thinking I haven't forgot nothing mentioned above: I've searched so much and peek so much around that it may have something escaped my mind and forgot to add in the above steps that I've taken...

    Also, not shure if it's supposed to, but: Regarding App updates that the store should notify me: I also don't receive those. If an App that I have installed gets updated, unless I open the Start Screen and see that the Store Tile has a number in it, it won't ever notify me about said updates.

    Thank you.

    Best Regards.


    • Edited by MDashK Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:08 AM Added info
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:07 AM