About title in sharepoint version history RRS feed

• Question

•  

when i am going to upload any document in document library, that time after upload if i am going to see the version history it gives version histrory details and give "Title   One" what is that ?  title can i change it ?

please give me way to change that title .

"

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Gajendra,When you upload a document in document library It automatically pick the Title field from Document Title metadata .If you want top change it ,go to document metadata,Right Click the document -> Properties -> Summary and change the Title field

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Gajendra,

Is it a document library list? if yes than by default the name of file is stored as title of the library. You can provide a different name while uploading the document. 

Pathik Rawal My Blog
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:00 AM
  •  

hi pratik

my problem is , i a am getting two workd in version history one is title and second i dont know what is that i want to change that second word. like

Version history

no          version     modified by

and after this i am getting two words

Title   XYZ

what is XYZ its not a title

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hi Gajendra,When you upload a document in document library It automatically pick the Title field from Document Title metadata .If you want top change it ,go to document metadata,Right Click the document -> Properties -> Summary and change the Title field

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:23 AM
  • It is the metadata Title of the document as mentioned in my earlier comment .If you change the metadata then upload again it will update the version history.

• Edited by Nazre1 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:01 AM
    • Proposed as answer by fodi30 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:00 AM