none
Visual Studio 2015 Bower package manager unavailable for non-Asp.net website

Question

• If I go to File -> Open website and open a directory containing my site, when I right click on the project I get an option to manage NuGet packages but not bower packages...task runner seems to pick up my gruntfile.js and everything else seems to be fine...am I missing something? Its there when I do Asp.net 5 sites..why wouldn't it be there for non-Asp.net site?

• Edited by rrjamesjr81 Friday, January 29, 2016 4:50 AM
    Friday, January 29, 2016 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi rrjamesjr81,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio? And what's the type of your project.

I just did a test in my side using VS2015 Update5. And both for  ASP.NET5 application and non ASP.Net application. There exist a option name "Manage NuGet Packages" and there is no "bower packages" option.

>>Its there when I do Asp.net 5 sites.. why wouldn't it be there for non-Asp.net site?

So if you think this option should no be there for non-ASP.NET site.

If possible, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it.

If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 01, 2016 2:56 AM