none
Heur.AdvMl.b virus and Norton Internet Security

Question

• Just starting with VS Community 2015 ... every new project open the .exe file has my anti-virus "package "quarantine the .exe file generated by the project and sends me a message that associated file contains

Heur.AdvMl.B trojan/virus and at high risk .. just beginning and would like assurance VS Community is a safe application to run.. googling the issue calls this a virus heuristic detection virus and comments from don't worry about to stop using VS or Norton ..  learning C and so producing lots of practice projects and this causes a lot of Norton warnings... 

Appreciate comments

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Answers

• Hi jog1418,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, it looks like the .exe file was flagged as the virus by the Norton security software. This issue is more relates to the Norton security software, it is better to contact or repot this issue to the supplier of the Norton security software for the dedicated information, since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

I found a similar issue here: C++ executable problem with Norton Internet Security and other security software, both of them have the same suggestion like mine, you can report this issue or just ignore this warning message, if it not affect your development, thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I searched around and it seems like this issue have not be posted by other community members, you can navigate to the Norton Community Forum and create a new thread for your issue. After that, you can also share the link in here, some other community members who meet the same or similar issue can vote it and know the progress of this issue, thank you for your support.

If you have any other issue about the VS IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jog1418 Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:50 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi jog1418,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, it looks like the .exe file was flagged as the virus by the Norton security software. This issue is more relates to the Norton security software, it is better to contact or repot this issue to the supplier of the Norton security software for the dedicated information, since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

I found a similar issue here: C++ executable problem with Norton Internet Security and other security software, both of them have the same suggestion like mine, you can report this issue or just ignore this warning message, if it not affect your development, thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I searched around and it seems like this issue have not be posted by other community members, you can navigate to the Norton Community Forum and create a new thread for your issue. After that, you can also share the link in here, some other community members who meet the same or similar issue can vote it and know the progress of this issue, thank you for your support.

If you have any other issue about the VS IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jog1418 Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:50 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:39 AM
  • Just starting with VS Community 2015 ... every new project open the .exe file has my anti-virus "package "quarantine the .exe file generated by the project and sends me a message that associated file contains

Heur.AdvMl.B trojan/virus and at high risk .. just beginning and would like assurance VS Community is a safe application to run.. googling the issue calls this a virus heuristic detection virus and comments from don't worry about to stop using VS or Norton ..  learning C and so producing lots of practice projects and this causes a lot of Norton warnings... 

Appreciate comments

Sorry about this. Please follow the instructions provided here: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100222230832EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
    Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 12:34 AM