none
How long can a sync key remain valid? RRS feed

• Question

• I wonder if a user left for a very long time ( 3 days, a week, a month,...), will the last sync key still be valid when he comes back? I went through the doc and didn't find any info about this.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi ygong, the last SyncKey received from the server does not have an associated lifespan or expiration date. the client should always try to use the last SyncKey that was received regardless of how much time has passed. It will remain valid until the client receives a new SyncKey from the server. If the SyncKey gets invalidated for some reason the server will return a Status value of 3 which indicates that the client should start over with a SyncKey value of 0.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi ygong,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols team will respond soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Hi ygong, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Thank you. I am very looking forward to the update.
    Friday, June 29, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Hi ygong, the last SyncKey received from the server does not have an associated lifespan or expiration date. the client should always try to use the last SyncKey that was received regardless of how much time has passed. It will remain valid until the client receives a new SyncKey from the server. If the SyncKey gets invalidated for some reason the server will return a Status value of 3 which indicates that the client should start over with a SyncKey value of 0.

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Thank you very much!
    Friday, June 29, 2012 5:16 PM