Failed to create the configuration database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm having trouble running the "Sharepoint products and technologies configuration wizard"

I get the following error when it starts to create the configuration database.

Failed to create the configuration database
    An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown. Addtitional exception information.

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'

The SQL server is an instance on a SQL 2005 cluster. If i create a database manually in SQL studio then it goes succesfully. Please help. The DBADMIN can't find any permission issues on the SQL cluster.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:35 AM

Answers

• Fixed the problem

The user i ran the wizard with didn't have access to the SQL server. I did a "run as" as the dbadmin. I its silly because in the wizard you type in the username and password of the dbadmin

Friday, May 25, 2007 11:18 AM

All replies

• Fixed the problem

The user i ran the wizard with didn't have access to the SQL server. I did a "run as" as the dbadmin. I its silly because in the wizard you type in the username and password of the dbadmin

Friday, May 25, 2007 11:18 AM
  • Yes. I also have this problem. I'm very sad.

My scene:

Server A, DC+SQL Server 2005 EE

Server B, member of DC, IIS+WSS 3.0

• Proposed as answer by jbirru Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:58 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by jbirru Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:58 PM
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:36 AM
  • the account you use to start the configuration wizard must have rights on the SQL server (SysAdmin, SecurityAdmin etc) even though you are specifying a different account once you start the wizard that has the proper rights.
    JB
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:00 PM