How to get foursqure or flickr photos based on your current location ?

General discussion

• Hi guys i really need help here , i am supposed to create an app that gets photos based on user location and group them according to places. Is the a sample on how to do that , because the documentation doesn't  an example on how to do that .I would really appreciate if you could help me out here .Any sample code will be much appreciated .Thank you.

19karabo91

Monday, February 09, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies

• Check here for a Flickr API here: https://developer.yahoo.com/flickr/

The Foursquare API is here: https://developer.foursquare.com/start/search

Figure out where you are then send a request to the website based on that.  

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, February 09, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Thanks for your help , i am able to get places or venues around my location using foursqure api by i am struggling to download photo of that specific venue using the provided url for the photo , I am getting 500 status code .

19karabo91

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:17 AM
  • That means you're not passing the information in correctly. Use fiddler to figure out what your request looks like, then compare it to what a successful request is supposed to be.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:56 PM