ADFv2 Execute Pipeline Wait on completion Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I have three Execute Pipeline activities chained together in a Master Pipeline.  I have set waitOnCompletion to True on the Execute Pipeline activities.  Even though they are set to true, the three pipeline activities are all executing at the same time.  I want them to run sequentially and wait for the dependent task to finish.  Is there something else I am missing? 
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi there if you're using datafactory 2 you can use a tick box hidden under an advanced drop down on the settings tab of a pipeline activity (not the advanced tab mind!)

Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hi 

Do you publish after change the setting?

I have the same problem while change the setting but no publish, after publish it's works.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Thank you Tim Huang.  I was just trying to repro.  The first time I ran (before publishing) felt like it went faster than it should have, but I did see the activities go off one after another.  That is no guarantee that it waited for finish though.  After publishing, and hitting debug, my test did take the expected amount of time.  I think you found a bug.
    Friday, April 12, 2019 10:02 PM