SSRS - Email Subscriptions - Number of times a report is run RRS feed

• Question

• Assume a report is set up for data driven email subscriptions to 10 users (same report needs to be sent to all the 10 users). How many times the report will be run ? 10 times (cos it needs to send to 10 users) (or) just 1 time ? (run the report once and send it to 10 users) Note: No caching is enabled for the report in this scenario.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:35 PM

All replies

• Check SSRS excution  log

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

• Edited by AV111 Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:39 PM
  • Depends on how you have your emails configured in your data-driven dataset.

If every email address is getting it's own row within the dataset, then you are executing the report for every email address.  

If you are appending email addresses in a single column and row, then it's only executing the report that one time.

I've saved myself some processing time doing this very thing.  Instead of returning individual rows of email addresses like so.

select 'test1@mail.com' union

select 'test2@mail.com' union 

select 'test3@mail.com'

I append them into a single string using a FOR XML PATH statement like so...

select 'test1@mail.com; test2@mail.coml, test3@mail.com'

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:42 PM
  • Hi achillies1314,

According to my understanding, I think this should be related to the report, if the 10 users will get the same report, I think the report will run one time and send to 10 users. If each user have their own parameters for the report(each person will get different report) , I think this will run 10 times and send to 10 users. You could refer to this similar post for help.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:23 AM