none
activesync does not work with winCE anymore RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows XP Pro (which I am using to design software with.

I also have a touch screen which is running Windows CE Version 6.00

I used  to be able to use ActiveSync to test my application.    I did not change the registry activesync value at all,  please let me know if anything else I should looking at.

Thank you,

Liang

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:04 PM

All replies

• If you have not changed your WinCE image and the device remains the same.

Have you changed your development PC and are you able to get USB detected when you connect 

the USB cable to the PC from the device.

If the detection is OK are you getting error message while loading the driver on the PC

See device manager

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:15 AM
  • If I understand your comment about not changing the registry, you are telling us that this must be a hardware failure - but I think you should rule that out first.

As Misbah says, check the device manager on your PC to see what happens when you plug in - doh, I was going to say USB, but you didn't actually tell us how you connect, did you?   How do you connect?

Then even though you say nothing changed, you should probably go to the Control Panel on the device and check the settings:

1. Start with "PC Connection" and check to see what it is using to connect
    2. Now go to "Network and Dial-up Connections" and check the properties for the connectoid used in #1

When you plug in the cable between your device and PC does anything happen?

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:01 PM
  • when I plug in the USB cable,  the window spawned a message says that "not recognizable USB device", does that mean my driver does not work anymore?

Thank you,

Liang

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:47 PM
  • There can be more reasons for this error :

Is the same H/W working for ActiveSync on other PC ?

One reason could be that your H/W's USB device is not working now.

Or the Issue with the driver on the PC side is another reason.

Check the USB cable.

Is this an otg port ?

If yes may be you can check for the Host mode 

Or else check with multiple PC for the device mode operation.

--- misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:31 AM
  • I created a image with other PC, put on the same host PC, that is working.  It is just when I create the image from my host PC, that does not work.   I did not change the regedit,  actually, the regedit looked identical on the host pc and other PC.      what else I am missing that is preventing the activesync to work?

Thank you,

Liang

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:31 PM