none
Make files on the mass storage wince device hidden or invisible from PC with Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

There is very simple problem... We have Windows CE device, this device is configured as Mass Storage. Using wince winapi I can hide some files. So when I connect it to PC (with Windows OS) these files are hidden too (as on WinCE). That's good.

But there is problem when I connect our WinCE mass storage device to PC with Android. The all files are NOT hidden... Looks like the reason is that Android understand as hidden only files with . dot prefix in the name of file or folder.

I tried find the solution, read wince and mass storage documentation, this forum... but in general without success. Looks like many people had to see this problem and had to find a solution...

So can somebody give me solution or advice - how we can hide the files in the Windows CE mass storage device to make them invisible from the both PC's possible OS Windows and Android? Can I implemented WinCE usb mass storage driver some way to hide required files? Or we can not make that by mass storage driver?.. Maybe I should add some changes into filesystem driver or something like that? And is it possible generally?

Thanks!

Regards,

Dave

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Best way is to implement file system filter driver.

Good starting point are the samples under \PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\FSD\

Regards,

Holger

• Marked as answer by Jacviah Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Best way is to implement file system filter driver.

Good starting point are the samples under \PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\FSD\

Regards,

Holger

• Marked as answer by Jacviah Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

But how does this filter generally work? I guess that it is working for the access from WinCE. But will it work for the access from host devices (when WinCE is mass storage)? My understanding is that when WinCE connects as mass storage it represented as flash... How Windows CE filesystem filter driver influences on Android device's access to WinCE mass storage device?

• Edited by Jacviah Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:58 PM