none
INSTALL_DISABLED status from EnterpriseAppManagement RRS feed

• Question

• We enroll a Windows Phone 8.1 device without AET in W7 bootstrapping document.

Later, in SyncMl session we add the enterprise and AET.

We see the device respond with 200 for all commands.

We then query the EnterpriseID/Status and we get back 1 which means INSTALL_DISABLED.

Any idea how to change it to 0(ENABLED)??

Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:20 AM

All replies

• IIRC: for the AET to be associated with the management service it needs to be configured in the wap-provisioningdoc sent during the initial enrollment setup.

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:13 PM
  • Hi Eric,

But there is a payload example here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn904955%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

That suggests that it may be possible to enroll AET for the first time?

"

OMA DM examples

Enroll enterprise ID “4000000001” for the first time:"

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:36 AM
  • This might have changed in Windows 10 but as I recall, sending AET through SyncML instead of in the initial enrollment, would install the token in an 'unmanaged' state similar to manually installing the AETX.

The documentation used to have a note something like this:

There are two advantages to including the enrollment token during MDM enrollment:
    1. When the device is un-enrolled from from the MDM server, either manually or by the MDM administrator, then the enrollment token is also removed.
    2. The EnterpriseID of the enrollment token is used to calculate the publisher specific DeviceId which is placed in the PublisherDeviceID property of the DMClient CSP (./vendor/MSFT/DMClient/Provider/<providerID>/PublisherDeviceID)

Note: It is also possible to send the content of the *.aetx file during a SyncML session; however, if you use this method then the enrollment token is not directly linked to the MDM enrollment and you do not get the above benefits.

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:54 PM
  • Hi Eric,

This is on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR.

I understand the feature loss there, but my problem is that i can't install apps via syncml for this 'unmanaged' token -> the state is INSTALL_DISABLED; if i add the same AET in wap-provisioning, i am fine.

The question is - should the installation of apps work if AET is added in the syncml session?

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:35 PM
  • My understanding is that install through EnterpriseAppManagement CSP is not expected to work if the AET is in the 'unmanaged' state, but I need to check if something changed with regard to the SyncML distribution method.

Question: do you get a valid value for PublisherDeviceID on that device if you query after installing AET through SyncML?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:52 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Yes, i do get the publisher id back.

However, app installs report this:

<Item>
                    <Source>
                        <LocURI>./Vendor/MSFT/EnterpriseAppManagement/MyEnterpriseId/EnterpriseApps/Download/%7B4ad7a19d-78e3-4458-839f-c0758c711745%7D/LastError</LocURI>
                    </Source>
                    <Meta>
                        <Format xmlns="syncml:metinf">int</Format>
                    </Meta>
                    <Data>-2145877301</Data>
                </Item>
                <Item>
                    <Source>
                        <LocURI>./Vendor/MSFT/EnterpriseAppManagement/MyEnterpriseId/EnterpriseApps/Download/%7B4ad7a19d-78e3-4458-839f-c0758c711745%7D/LastErrorDescription</LocURI>
                    </Source>
                    <Data>Download Failed</Data>
                </Item>

Friday, May 29, 2015 12:23 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Any updates on this?

Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:30 AM