Fixing MarbleMaze example to compile (Windows 8 Consumer Preview & VS 2012 RC)

Question

• Hi!

I downloaded the Marble Maze DirectX C++ example, but upon building the project compiler gives a few errors I don't know how to fix. I wrote this on the Q and A section of the example, but here's one more time if someone has ideas for next steps. So, the error messages are

Error 1 error C2653: 'CoreWindowResizeManager' : is not a class or namespace name e:\projects\MarbleMaze\c++\directxbase.cpp 400 1 MarbleMaze
    Error 2 error C2227: left of '->NotifyLayoutCompleted' must point to class/struct/union/generic type  e:\projects\MarbleMaze\c++\directxbase.cpp 400 1 MarbleMaze
    Error 3 error C3861: 'GetForCurrentView': identifier not found e:\projects\MarbleMaze\c++\directxbase.cpp 400 1 MarbleMaze
    Error 4 IntelliSense: name followed by '::' must be a class or namespace name e:\projects\MarbleMaze\c++\DirectXBase.cpp 400 9 MarbleMaze

How should I fix this? Has someone else the same problem? I have a similar kind of a problem with the other Metro Directx sample (shooter).

Sudet ulvovat -- karavaani kulkee

• Edited by Veikko Eeva Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:34 AM

Answers

• The SDK sample apps are kept up to date with the latest version of Windows, and the Consumer Preview version is now outdated - your best bet may be to upgrade to the Windows 8 Enterprise RTM evaluation or at least the Release Preview rather than try to make new sample code work on an old version of Windows 8.
    • Marked as answer by Veikko Eeva Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:02 PM

All replies

• The SDK sample apps are kept up to date with the latest version of Windows, and the Consumer Preview version is now outdated - your best bet may be to upgrade to the Windows 8 Enterprise RTM evaluation or at least the Release Preview rather than try to make new sample code work on an old version of Windows 8.
    • Marked as answer by Veikko Eeva Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:02 PM
  • I see I miswrote my version, it's Release Preview, build 8400. No luck with that, so it looks like I would need Windows 8 Enterprise RTM to run the samples. I can also get pass the problem by just commenting out the offending line of code, especially since it's just a performance feature. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Sudet ulvovat -- karavaani kulkee

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:45 PM