MediaElement Control across different Frames

Question

• I have little vb knowledge but am trying to build a music playing application for windows store. I have placed a MediaElement control on the MainPage but want the media to continue to play after navigating to a different frame. I have been looking for a solution but cant find any for VB that I understand or work.

I would be thankful for any help as I need to start getting somewhere with this application as it is for my coursework and I am working on a deadline :/

Thanks,

Sam

Sunday, October 19, 2014 5:33 PM

All replies

• The problem you are facing is because the MediaElement must be part of the visual tree.

Here is a technique described on StackOverflow that modified the style of the root frame to embed the MediaElement there. The comments seem to suggest it was successful.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10935107/global-mediaelement-that-continues-playing-after-navigating-to-other-page

Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:31 PM
  • Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:50 PM
    Owner
  • Good to see a complete working solution. Here's my vote.

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:19 AM
  • This is probably going to sound really bad but im still struggling to implement it, I am beginning to get some understanding now of why the mediaelement will only work on its current frame, its just that even with the solution Im still struggling to sort it out into my app itself in vb code.

Any ideas or suggestions or ways to dumb it down even further?

Thanks again, i appreciate your help so far

Sam

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:20 PM