none
create windows form application visual studio 2015

Question

• I want to create a windows form app in c#. It's supposed to be simple but I can't find the option in the menue. In the new project window, instead of the regular options such windows form application, console application ect, I have: blank app, class library, windows runtime and unit test app. Someone knows why?

Sunday, January 29, 2017 6:36 PM

All replies

• Seems that you have “Visual Studio Express for Windows 10”, but for Forms application you need “Visual Studio Express for Desktop”. Actually, it is recommended now the more powerful “Visual Studio Community” edition (https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/). Either try Express for Desktop or Community.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 8:03 PM
  • Hi friend,

I also recommend you use Visual Studio Community edition. Please give it a try and share us the latest information.

Best regard

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:30 AM
  • Hi friend,

Please feel free to let us know if you need more help. And please help mark any reply as answer that help resolve your doubts, which would benefit all community members who are facing similar issues. Thanks for your cooperation and supports.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:26 AM