Problems updating a linked table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running a win 7 with Excel 2013, 64 bit, Swedish version. I try to update a linked table in the data modell and get an error message saying:

============================

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Call Stack:

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.ExcelAddIn.ExcelInterOpUtil.GetLinkedTableExcelTableName(String modelTableName, Workbook workbook)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Modeler.ClientWindow.FixLinkedTableExcelTableName(LinkedTableInfo tableInfo)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Modeler.ClientWindow.UpdateAllLinkedTablesClick()

The file is saved as .xlsx so there shouldn't be a compatibility problem. I have also tried removing the added rows to make sure the added data didn't contain any bad data and running the file on a different computer but the problem keeps showing up.

Anyone having any ideas on how to solve this?

//Caj

Csten

• Edited by csten Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:07 AM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I solved the problem by deleting the sheets in the data model that I couldn't update (all linked tables) and then added the same tables again. Everything seems to be working now.

Why the problem appered in the first place I don't know. I now have English Office installed and that change didn't do any difference.

Brgds,

Caj

Csten

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Wednesday, January 7, 2015 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Amadi Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:19 AM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:46 AM

All replies

• Does anyone have a suggestion for Csten?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, December 12, 2014 11:59 PM
  • Csten, is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

I solved the problem by deleting the sheets in the data model that I couldn't update (all linked tables) and then added the same tables again. Everything seems to be working now.

Why the problem appered in the first place I don't know. I now have English Office installed and that change didn't do any difference.

Brgds,

Caj

Csten

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Wednesday, January 7, 2015 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Amadi Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:19 AM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:46 AM
  • I'm having this exact same issue.  I don't think deleting a sheet are rebuilding it and all associated measures is good solution.  Has anybody discovered the cause and solution?
    Friday, October 2, 2015 7:56 PM
  • I didn't find a solution to that particular problem but I've had a few other similar cases where the problem has been data type, so check so that you have the same data type in the excel table and in the data modell for each column.

• Edited by csten Monday, October 5, 2015 8:45 AM typo
    Monday, October 5, 2015 8:44 AM