SharePoint Designer List Form auto-populate active directory information in fields RRS feed

• Question

• We've created a list form in SharePoint 2007 where we are asking for users to select a person using the "person or group" column and it pulls from active directory.  On that same form we're also asking for things like, supervisor, department, location, etc. and I'm wondering if it's possible to auto populate those things from Active directory once the user is selected. 

Is this possible in SharePoint 2007 using only SharePoint Designer?

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

I have to admit, I'm really wracking my brains for a way to do this.  I've seen a few blog entries (such as this one) which cover a full dev solution for how to do this.  I've also seen a few comments relating to third party CodePlex extensions (SPDActivities), specficially its LookUp User Info steps.

Thinking a little differently, this thread reveals that it's possible to access UPS data with Jquery.  I imagine that there is a way to use this via SPD to set something up, but I've never seen it done.

Appreciate that's not a holistic answer but hopefully it'll give you some ideas.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:08 PM
    Answerer