How to find registry keys for Windows Japanese Keyboard Settings? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I set "Display Input mode at center of screen" On and OFF, use RegSnap to take snapshot to capture all register keys.  Of course, restart my compture twice, and take two snapshots. Then I compare two snapshots to find which key value is changed. Finally, I find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IME\15.0\IMEJP\MSIME\ShowImeModeNotification changed.

Setting this key value 1 is On, 0 is off. I have implemented it. So this key is what you want.

And "Convert words and characters using JIS X 0208 characters " can be found in the same method. You can have a try.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jeffrey Shao Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:45 AM modify
    • Marked as answer by HimanshuKa Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I set "Display Input mode at center of screen" On and OFF, use RegSnap to take snapshot to capture all register keys.  Of course, restart my compture twice, and take two snapshots. Then I compare two snapshots to find which key value is changed. Finally, I find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IME\15.0\IMEJP\MSIME\ShowImeModeNotification changed.

Setting this key value 1 is On, 0 is off. I have implemented it. So this key is what you want.

And "Convert words and characters using JIS X 0208 characters " can be found in the same method. You can have a try.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jeffrey Shao Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:45 AM modify
    • Marked as answer by HimanshuKa Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:40 AM
  • A big thumbs up and thanks for saving my life , your answer helped me for any of the future instances also :) . I did the same and compared the keys and it's working fine.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:26 PM