none
SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working on a reporting system for our company, but I've run into a slight problem with local reports and drillthrough.

Whenever I launch a report through drillthrough, I get the error "SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize." This error shows up inside the Microsoft ReportViewer control. I've done a search across my entire solution and all projects involved, and there are no Splitter controls anywhere in this project; where on earth could this error be coming from?

This happens consistently in the only drillthrough report I have available, though when I display the report normally through the report viewer and set the same parameter value it works fine. The code I use for both the drillthrough case and the normal view case are identical, aside from the parameter values. I've run it through the debugger and verified that the data going into the report is the same in both cases.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might happen?

Thanks!
    Monday, August 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers

• I believe this is a known bug that has been fixed.  One way for it to happen is for the report to finish rendering while the form is not visible.  What version of the ReportViewer are you using?
    • Marked as answer by WesleyC Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:16 AM

All replies

• I believe this is a known bug that has been fixed.  One way for it to happen is for the report to finish rendering while the form is not visible.  What version of the ReportViewer are you using?
    • Marked as answer by WesleyC Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:16 AM
  • I'm using version 8.0.0.0.

I've since fixed the error by rendering the form the ReportViewer control is placed on before attempting to generate the report, but this still seems like something that should work--what version was this bug fixed in?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:55 PM
  • It looks like I was incorrect.  The fix for this issue has not made it into a released version of the ReportViewer control just yet.  It will be in the next release, however.  Until then, ensuring that the viewer is visible before rendering will work around the problem.

Friday, August 8, 2008 8:09 PM