none
how can i remove a fake message from my task manager forever? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,everytime i turn on my pc (windows 8.1) i get a pop up saying validate copy of your windows license,which says i have a koob face trojan.All i know to do is end task on task manager and it goes away until my next restart.Any easy fix for this?or will i need to pay many $$$$ to get it fixed?Please respond in detail step by step,like i am a complete idiot,please,i sure feel like one and i am low-medium level pc smart at best and clueless of many things,thanx for the help
    Monday, February 15, 2016 11:57 PM

All replies

• For the love of God, someone please answer this person. I can't get rid of it either and I've pretty much scoured the entire computer searching for the culprit. I got a lot of it, but it is still there.... Thanks for nothing AVG.
    Saturday, February 20, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Try running a spyware 3rd party program on it like malware bytes or one of your choice

cause that's what it sounds like if it were a real Trojan

A would be listed some where on the internet

B would be more info about it

also try hitting (control alt delete =to reach task manager then troll to the start up tab and look there) to see if it is starting up there if not

go into the control panel and navigate to the administrator tool then to services to see if it is residing in your services if not then more then likely one of your friends is pranking you

Go to this PC open to a folder view click on view and check mark hidden items then open to address below and see if the predator is laying in there if so then just delete it 

C:\Users\Windows____Admin___1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Monday, February 22, 2016 12:25 AM