Map network drive issues RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to mount a drive following this: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-how-to-use-files-windows

but I get this error

I'm sure I don't have typos. 

I'm using Win10 Pro with all the latest updates.

The Storage Account firewall allows all networks. 

I am logged on to Windows with an AzureAD account, this Storage Account belongs to a subscription to which my main account does not have access. That should not be a problem as I am logging on with username and access key from my subscription. 

Help

Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:59 PM

All replies

• Suggested to verify the following registry value is set to 3 in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

If the above registry value is set to a value other than 3, change it back to the default (3) and restart the Machine and retry the operation.

Also add the storage credentials using CMDkey:

cmdkey /add: [storage account name].file.core.windows.net /user:[storage account name] /pass:[storage account key]

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:10 PM
  • I do not have a LmCompatabilityLevel key -- should I create it? 

When I run this command:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cmdkey /add:NNNNNstg.file.core.windows.net /user:NNNNNNstg pass:hyuh2la57aY8R4Ba3vfQXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXK5eIltRSa4sS5sF24pcGlbqew==

I get: 

CMDKEY: The specified username is invalid.

Monday, November 27, 2017 6:10 PM
  • When connecting from a computer from outside Azure, remember to open outbound TCP port 445 in your local network. Some Internet service providers may block port 445. Check with your service provider for details.

For more information refer the below troubleshoot documentation:

Troubleshoot Azure Files problems in Windows

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Monday, December 4, 2017 5:20 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pinky and the Brain Monday, December 4, 2017 6:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:21 PM
  • 1. Use Powershell:

You can copy paste the powershell command from the Azure Portal "Connect Tab".

2. Does File share exist?

Also you are try to ping the UNC path of the file share to ensure that the path is accessible.

3. Check port 445 is accessible:

Run the following command

PortQry.exe -n [storage account name].file.core.windows.net -p TCP -e 445

If TCP port 445 is blocked by a rule along the network path, you will see the following output:+

TCP port 445 (microsoft-ds service): FILTERED

Check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-troubleshoot-windows-file-connection-problems#error-53-error-67-or-error-87-when-you-mount-or-unmount-an-azure-file-share for solution.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Monday, December 11, 2017 9:07 PM