none
WCF-OracleDb multiple select (table join) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have a data present in the oracle database, the data to be retrieved uses an inner join from two or three tables. We do not want to change anything in the database (no view, no stored procedure).

Can Biztalk connect and do the select statement and use the inner joins? if yes how?

Because if I retrieve the schemas I can only use one select statement on one table. Sounds wired if we cannot do a simple call of multiple tables using inner join. it's not that inner joins are recent is it?

Regards,

Stefan

BizTalk Consultant in France
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:44 PM

Answers

• I would consider using a stored procedure rather than multi-joins across tables. In my experience this is much easier than trying to use a select statement with WCF-OracleDB across multiple tables. I am not sure if it is possible to do an inner join across multiple tables, I think in the schema wizard you would see multiple tables to select from and it may not be as easy to handle the join exactly like you would want to doing a Select operation. A stored procedure would give you much better flexibility and you can generate the schema against the stored procedure.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:43 AM