Swipe gesture to reveal underlying element

Question

• I have the following markup

<span class="part1">Part1</span>
    <span class="part2">Part2</span>
    <span class="part3">Part3</span>
    <span class="part4">Part4</span>

My apps logic requires one or more parts to be revealed by making a swipe gesture on the next part.

ie: swiping on part3 to the right reveals part2 underneath it and eventually part3 snaps to the right side of part2. Likewise swiping part3 to the left moves it over part2 and eventually snaps onto the position occupied by part2, replacing it visually.

Any idea how this could be achived? Maybe I can go without using gestures and listview already supports such?

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:04 PM

All replies

• Doesn't the FlipView control already do that type of functionality? Have you looked at the HTML FlipView sample and see if it suits your needs? http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/FlipView-control-sample-18e434b4

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:07 AM
  • Thanks, but the flipview does not do what I want to do. My items are basically stacked on top of each other. Not displayed side by side like in the flipview. So its more like a card-stack where you reveal the underlying element by swiping its top element to one side (for simplicity now).
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:50 PM