{

Debug.Log ("Hello World Test");

}

}

Allen G. Taylor

Monday, December 14, 2015 4:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Jack and pvdg42,

Thanks for following up on this. After deleting both VS and Unity and reinstalling from the Unity site, the problem went away. The remaining problem is a warning that I am mixing line endings between Windows standard and Apple standard. I am guessing that this is due to the default template that you get when starting a script. It must be using Apple line ending standard, while anything I type in is using Windows standard. It is annoying but not fatal. There doesn't seem to be a way to revise the template so that all line endings are consistent. The file that holds the template is not editable, at least not by me.

Allen

Allen G. Taylor

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:01 PM

All replies

• The more serious error here is:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\HelloWorldTest\Library\UnityAssemblies\version.txt".

The path could not be found because my computer has a folder named Public Documents rather than just Documents. How can this be fixed?

Allen G. Taylor

Monday, December 14, 2015 5:38 AM
  • Hi Allen G. Taylor,

It seems that it is not the complete code.

In addition, which VS version did you use? Where did you get the project sample? Did you create it by yourself or others?

It seems that the code was related to the Unity:

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Debug.Log.html

Did you install the extension tool "Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Unity"?

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/8d26236e-4a64-4d64-8486-7df95156aba9

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/09/08/unity-5-2-and-visual-studio-tools-for-unity-2-1.aspx

You'd better to check that whether your VS Environment really meets the requirements for developing the specific project type.

>>This project is incompatible with the current edition.

Generally it means that your VS version didn't support this kind of app.

See "Troubleshooting project compatibility issues" in this document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 7:39 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response. So far, it does not help.

*I get this message even though I wrote the script using the Visual Studio that I downloaded from the Unity site after downloading Unity from the same place. Everything is the latest version, so there is no issue of incompatible versions. Visual Studio Tools for Unity came with the Visual Studio download too. Everything came from the same source and so should be compatible with each other.

My script is about as simple as it gets.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Allen

Allen G. Taylor

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:31 PM
  • " using the Visual Studio that I downloaded from the Unity site after downloading Unity from the same place. Everything is the latest version, so there is no issue of incompatible versions. "

Please share the Unity download link you used to get Visual Studio.

Also, have you sought assistance in the Unity community?

https://unity3d.com/community

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:56 AM
  • Hi Allen,

I agree with pvdg42's suggestion, if it is related to the Unity, maybe you could post this issue to the Unity supported site, so we could know that whether it is related to the specific project type or the VS IDE or others. I think we could also know what the real requirements are for this specific project type.

Of course, if you feel that it would be the VS IDE issue, please share us the detailed steps about how to create this project type using the specific VS version(please tell us the real VS version in your side) and where we download and install the specific packages.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Hi Jack and pvdg42,

Thanks for following up on this. After deleting both VS and Unity and reinstalling from the Unity site, the problem went away. The remaining problem is a warning that I am mixing line endings between Windows standard and Apple standard. I am guessing that this is due to the default template that you get when starting a script. It must be using Apple line ending standard, while anything I type in is using Windows standard. It is annoying but not fatal. There doesn't seem to be a way to revise the template so that all line endings are consistent. The file that holds the template is not editable, at least not by me.

Allen

Allen G. Taylor

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:01 PM
  • Hi SQLwriter,

I'm glad that you have resolved your problem and thanks for sharing the solution here. Please mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any question in future, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:09 AM