Cant open Blob storage to view files in Either Visual Studio or Azure Storage Explorer or Even through code.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This was working earlier. I could open Blob Storage from Server Explorer of Visual Studio 2010. Now its not working.

Also my program which worked earlier is failing.. at this method FetchAttributes() of CloudBlockBlob.

Am sure something has changed on Azure end.. But I don't know what.

Am using Windows 8 with Visual Studio 2010.

Please help..  we are having a customer issue on our app.

Thanks.

Manu

Friday, January 24, 2014 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

By the way, now it starts magically working. Am really disappointed that there is no way for me to raise support ticket for such issues.

For sure something has changed on the Azure service, but its just a bit sad that I have to pay in case I wish to report such issues. :(

For your benefit details are here..

• VS 2010, Open Server Explorer and then open your Azure account, under that open Blob and then it did not respond. ( today it does, and I can see my folders and files inside them)
    • Regarding "you can open it in your Azure portal", I am not sure of your question. But I have been able to open the manage.WindowsAzure.com and look at my storage account details on the day had problems.

Thanks.

Manu

• Marked as answer by ManuY Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:12 PM
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, "Cant open Blob storage to view files in Either Visual Studio or Azure Storage Explorer or Even through code.. ", May I know you can open it in your Azure portal? Which detail error it gives? please give us further information for a better help.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 24, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Hello,

By the way, now it starts magically working. Am really disappointed that there is no way for me to raise support ticket for such issues.

For sure something has changed on the Azure service, but its just a bit sad that I have to pay in case I wish to report such issues. :(

For your benefit details are here..

• VS 2010, Open Server Explorer and then open your Azure account, under that open Blob and then it did not respond. ( today it does, and I can see my folders and files inside them)
    • Regarding "you can open it in your Azure portal", I am not sure of your question. But I have been able to open the manage.WindowsAzure.com and look at my storage account details on the day had problems.

Thanks.

Manu

• Marked as answer by ManuY Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:12 PM
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:12 PM
  • I don't think it could be an Azure service issue. Were you able to check the network options at that point of time? From my experience I had faced similar issues, due to change in network settings(proxy servers and detect settings option) due to certain scripts and tools like Fiddler. 

You've mentioned that you were able to see the storage account details on Azure Portal. You can browse the blob containers and see the blobs inside it. If that was working, it should be network issue at client end.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:04 PM