Run time Data Form! RRS feed

• Question

• hello ,

i have a table which contains details of the form contents , here are the details

InputType ( value = Text / Radio / CheckBox , .... )

IsRequired ( True/False)

OrderedAnswers ( contain options available for Radio / checkbox  )

what i want is ,

make a page at run time which contains respective controls and the page submits the values of each control to the service .should the page contain a dataform or what ? the required field must be checked before the contents get submitted to the web service.

what is the way forward ?

thanks

Jamal.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• hi,

anyone ?

Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

You can create a DataForm at runtime and then add it to visual tree. You will need to add different kind of datafields based on your table's content. About the validation, please check:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc278072%28VS.95%29.aspx#data_validation 

Friday, August 27, 2010 2:28 AM
  • hello,

thanks for the response .

i know how to insert/update/delete  & validate (using DataAnnotations) items in dataform from xaml but not in codebehind.

regarding the validation , i will annotate the model class, and dataform(which is created at run time) will do the validation.

at this point i have created the dataform , but cant define datatemplate dynamically so that i could add stackpanel to it and in the stackpanel i shall add the controls(based on the value). can you provide some code which shall create datatemplate dynamically and items to it ?

thanks

Jamal.

P.S

also , please provide the code which shows, how will i add the dataform to the main grid. :)

Friday, August 27, 2010 8:44 AM
  • anyone?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:32 PM