none
Ribbon button for Tasks list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After some struggle I was able to add a ribbon button to Tasks list in Actions group. However, I would like to move this ribbon button to Hierarchy group. No matter how hard I try I am unable to add a ribbon button in Hierarchy group. Is that a restricted group or am I doing something wrong? Relevant XML snippet below:

<CustomAction Id="SubtaskButton" RegistrationId="171" RegistrationType="List" Location="CommandUI.Ribbon" Title="Add a subtask button for tasks list">
        <CommandUIExtension>
          <CommandUIDefinitions>
            <CommandUIDefinition Location="Ribbon.Tasks.Hierarchy.Controls._children">                                       
              <Button Id="Ribbon.Tasks.Hierarchy.SubtaskButton"
                      Alt="Create a subtask."
                      Sequence="71"
                      Command="SubtaskButtonCommand"
                      LabelText="Create Subtask"

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested it in my test environment, it works to add ribbon custom action into "Actions" group and "Workflows" group.

I also try to add ribbon custom action into the "Hierarchy" group, and it not works.

I also check the XML in (C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL\XML\CMDUI.XML) and can't find the issue.

As a workaround, we can add the custom action into other group, then using jQuery code to move the custom action the "Hierarchy" group.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Thanks for your time, Dennis. Let's keep this thread open in a hope that someone can give us pointers.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:24 PM