none
IBW DONT SHOW THE RIGHT LANGUAGE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Wes 7 dont came with pt-br language, so i download it from ECE and import it to Image Configuration Editor.

Everything looks fine, so i start to build the image, i choose the PT-BR language, and some basic components like browser.

After the creation of the answer file, i build the IBW from the answer file, create the image on the pen and put on the machine.

The boot was ok, but when it comes the time that i have to choose the language, the IBW dont show tha language PT-BR ( Portuguese Brazilian )

Is that a way that i can insert the language on IBW when i´m creating the image to install ?

Thanks in advance

Monday, July 26, 2010 7:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Antonio,

Since pt-BR is a new language pack released after WES7 RTM, it is not part of the language lists specified in a file called lang.ini that is needd by IBW to show that on the UI you mentioned.  You need to manually edit that file to include the new language pack(s) and create a new IBW setup disk.  For the detail, we have documented that in a release note here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/5/9/B5915A63-BE80-491A-BC4E-E7D6B64487D7/Release Notes.htm.  Below is the specific section from the release note:

Image Builder Wizard cannot use new language packs without updating Lang.ini

To enable new language packs to be selectable as the system language in Image Builder Wizard, you must modify the Lang.ini file to include the required languages. In addition, the Standard 7 toolkit must be installed to generate a new Image Builder Wizard disk that contains the new language packs.

To enable new language packs, follow these steps:

1. Download the new language pack.
    2. Open Image Configuration Editor.
    3. Open the Distribution Share where you want to import the new language pack.
    4. Click File, Import, Import Package(s)....
    5. Locate the new language pack and then click Open.

This will add the language pack to the open Distribution Share.
    6. Create a temporary folder to mount Image Builder Wizard Boot.wim.

For example, create a C:\Temp folder.
    7. Click Start, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows PE Tools Command Prompt.
    8. Navigate to Boot.wim from Windows PE Tools Command Prompt.

Boot.wim is located in the ..\Windows Embedded Standard 7\Tools\IBW\<x86 | AMD64>\Sources\ folder.
    9. Mount Boot.wim to your temporary folder by using the following command:

imagex /mountrw boot.wim 2 C:\temp

10. In Windows Explorer, open C:\Temp\Sources.
    11. Open the Lang.ini file in Notepad.exe.
    12. Add the required languages to the Lang.ini file.

For example, to add Arabic (Saudi Arabia), add the following lines:

1. Under [Available UI Languages]:

"ar-SA=0"

2. Under [Fallback Languages]:

"ar-SA=en-US"

13. In the Windows PE Tools Command Prompt, commit the changes to Boot.wim with the following command:

imagex /commit C:\temp

14. In Image Configuration Editor, select Tools, Create Media, Create IBW Image with full Distribution Share….

This will create a new Image Builder Wizard image capable of installing the new language pack as the system language in Image Builder Wizard.

For the full list of fallback languages, see Available Language Packs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thomas

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Antonio,

Since pt-BR is a new language pack released after WES7 RTM, it is not part of the language lists specified in a file called lang.ini that is needd by IBW to show that on the UI you mentioned.  You need to manually edit that file to include the new language pack(s) and create a new IBW setup disk.  For the detail, we have documented that in a release note here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/5/9/B5915A63-BE80-491A-BC4E-E7D6B64487D7/Release Notes.htm.  Below is the specific section from the release note:

Image Builder Wizard cannot use new language packs without updating Lang.ini

To enable new language packs to be selectable as the system language in Image Builder Wizard, you must modify the Lang.ini file to include the required languages. In addition, the Standard 7 toolkit must be installed to generate a new Image Builder Wizard disk that contains the new language packs.

To enable new language packs, follow these steps:

1. Download the new language pack.
    2. Open Image Configuration Editor.
    3. Open the Distribution Share where you want to import the new language pack.
    4. Click File, Import, Import Package(s)....
    5. Locate the new language pack and then click Open.

This will add the language pack to the open Distribution Share.
    6. Create a temporary folder to mount Image Builder Wizard Boot.wim.

For example, create a C:\Temp folder.
    7. Click Start, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows PE Tools Command Prompt.
    8. Navigate to Boot.wim from Windows PE Tools Command Prompt.

Boot.wim is located in the ..\Windows Embedded Standard 7\Tools\IBW\<x86 | AMD64>\Sources\ folder.
    9. Mount Boot.wim to your temporary folder by using the following command:

imagex /mountrw boot.wim 2 C:\temp

10. In Windows Explorer, open C:\Temp\Sources.
    11. Open the Lang.ini file in Notepad.exe.
    12. Add the required languages to the Lang.ini file.

For example, to add Arabic (Saudi Arabia), add the following lines:

1. Under [Available UI Languages]:

"ar-SA=0"

2. Under [Fallback Languages]:

"ar-SA=en-US"

13. In the Windows PE Tools Command Prompt, commit the changes to Boot.wim with the following command:

imagex /commit C:\temp

14. In Image Configuration Editor, select Tools, Create Media, Create IBW Image with full Distribution Share….

This will create a new Image Builder Wizard image capable of installing the new language pack as the system language in Image Builder Wizard.

For the full list of fallback languages, see Available Language Packs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thomas

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:43 PM
  • You can also set the following settings to skip the language selection screen in IBW.

Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE

InputLocale = <Input Locale>

SystemLocale = <System Locale>

UILanguage = <UI Language>

UserLocale = <User Locale>

1 windowsPE

Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE/SetupUILanguage

UILanguage = <UI Language>

WillShowUI = Never

1 windowsPE

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Wouldn't it be easier to supply a new Boot.wim file or a lang.ini file that merges with the build?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Hi everyone,

I will try all the procedures and report here later.

A just need some help with Sean suggestion, how can i edit the boot.wim and the lang.ini ?

The lang.ini i already try to edit with notepad, but i dont know the correct paramater for PT-BR.

Thanks for the help.

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

I did it what you sugest and work´s fine.

Now all the images that i made have the option for PT-BR.

Thanks a lot.

Monday, August 2, 2010 6:04 PM