Designing an App/Screens that dynamically resizes forms to fit users resolution RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app originally developed in vb6, then migrated to net 2005 which visually is fine on the screen it was developed, ie 1024 * 768 resolution.

I want to market the app but I am not happy withe screen display on 1680 * 1050

In order to have an app which is not resolution dependent I have been advised I should use wpf which is new to me although I have built a small test app without any extensive features.

Whilst I realise this will mean a complete re-write of my app (it may well take me 6 months to do it) I am prepared to take on this task.

My basic question is: how do I set up a form (& which screen resolution to design it on), add all the objects/controls and have the app respond to the users resolution and proportionally resize all the objects/controls proportionally, to maximise visual presentation and not have the user strain to see small radio buttons and small text which results in lack of interest to use the app.

Is there a template app somewhere I can improve on or any specific tutorials to address this issue.

Any help much appreciated

Monday, July 4, 2011 5:59 AM