locked
Log into a remote desktop via RDP control and found the initial volume of the desktop is set to the maximum level

    Question

  • Hello, dear all,

    Currently I've encountered an issue that if I log into a remote desktop via RDP control, the volume on the remote desktop is set to the maximum level though it was set as a middle one previously. I guess it is caused by the RDP control but I couldn't find any proof. There are some clues on the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897599

    Would you please help me on this issue? Thank you very much.

    Friday, April 26, 2013 7:07 AM

Answers

  • Well, at first I didn't realize that the article referred to Windows CE.  However, I think that you should follow the instructions in the "resolution" section of the article to see if they work for you.  That particle article says it is by design.  Whether or not it's by design is irrelevant because you can't change the behavior.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by B0L Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:47 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 1:41 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • It looks like this is known issue, and the article gives you resolutions that must be done on the machine that you are accessing.  What other assistance were you looking for?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Friday, April 26, 2013 7:01 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi, Matt,

    Thank you very much. Is there any article saying it is by design? If I connect to the remote desktop via mstsc, the volume will not be changed. But via RDP control, the issue will occur. What is the difference?

    Thanks!

    Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:37 AM
  • I forgot to mention that I am using a Win8 pro to connect to a remote win8 pro. Thanks.
    Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Well, at first I didn't realize that the article referred to Windows CE.  However, I think that you should follow the instructions in the "resolution" section of the article to see if they work for you.  That particle article says it is by design.  Whether or not it's by design is irrelevant because you can't change the behavior.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by B0L Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:47 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 1:41 PM
    Moderator