none
Cannot upload APNS Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am unable to upload the certificate generated through iOS Dev Centre to the Azure Mobile Services portal. When I try to select the certificate, enter the password and hit the tick button to start the upload I get prompted to download an UploadFileXXXXX.json file, which seems to contain what #should# be getting sent to the server.

I also get the status bar at the bottom stating that the APNS Certificate is being uploaded but this had been going for over 2 hours. I tried logging out and in again to find no certificate had been uploaded and the status bars had disappeared.

I'm using IE10 and have tried restarting, clearing cache, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• OK, just tried with FireFox and was successful. So how do I let the right people know there seems to be a bug with uploading APNS Certificates using IE10?

Stephen

• Marked as answer by sroughley_uk Monday, May 20, 2013 12:42 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 12:42 PM

All replies

• OK, just tried with FireFox and was successful. So how do I let the right people know there seems to be a bug with uploading APNS Certificates using IE10?

Stephen

• Marked as answer by sroughley_uk Monday, May 20, 2013 12:42 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Thanks for reporting this Stephen, we will take a look at this!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Monday, May 20, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reporting this. As you can imagine, we don't expect many people to run into this bug (uploading APNS certificate in IE10) - can you explain how you encountered this? It would help us understand how we should prioritize the issue.

Thanks

Josh

http://twitter.com/joshtwist

Monday, May 20, 2013 3:52 PM
  • Hi Josh,

Sure, I am running Windows 8 as my current development machine and I am working on a project that, among other things, is to deliver APNS alerts to iOS devices. We are currently using Icenium from Telerik to implement the device apps. Icenium runs on Windows 8 and it can be used to generate the requests for the iOS dev certificates. Icenium can also be used to export the PKCS file for Azure APNS and that is how I came to be uploading the certificate to the Azure portal on IE10.

Stephen

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:46 AM