none
VS 2015 - Add-in is not currently enabled

Question

• This might be a lost cause since I know this isn't a supported feature, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I've installed BIDS Helper through the Extensions and Updates window in VS 2015. It says it is enabled here. However when I look at BIDS Helper in the Tools -> Options window, it says that BIDS Helper Add-In is not enabled. I've tried re-installing while running as Administrator, but nothing seems to work. My Versions are below.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.01055

Installed Version: Professional

SQL Server Analysis Services   14.0.338.80
    Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer
    Version 14.0.338.80

SQL Server Data Tools   14.0.61703.020
    Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

SQL Server Integration Services  
    Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
    Version 14.0.304.138

SQL Server Reporting Services   14.0.338.80
    Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
    Version 14.0.338.80

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I test it with two computers, one has the same issue with you and another can enable BIDS Helper. I find the difference with the two visual studio 2015 is the different version of SQL Server Data Tools.

Please uninstall SQL Server Data Tools via control panel and reinstall the Version: 14.0.61021.0 of SQL Server Data Tools

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ClayDoise Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:22 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I test it with two computers, one has the same issue with you and another can enable BIDS Helper. I find the difference with the two visual studio 2015 is the different version of SQL Server Data Tools.

Please uninstall SQL Server Data Tools via control panel and reinstall the Version: 14.0.61021.0 of SQL Server Data Tools

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ClayDoise Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:22 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:04 AM
  • That did it, thanks!
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:22 PM