Filter on new items in collection RRS feed

• Question

• When I add new item to datagrid (collection) and try to search with custom search before I saved that item in database, the filter does not affect to this item. Is there any possibility to apply filter on all items in this collection?
    • Edited by Mickey14 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:11 PM title changed
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:10 PM

All replies

• No, unfortunately, that's just the way the grid has been designed to work.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:59 PM
  • At some point between adding to the collection and searching the collection you could save the data.  If you use custom modal windows, the Ok button is a good place to do this.  Personally, I don't like to have dirty records hanging around.  I have had users that have added a record, then edited four other records, and then hit a validation error they didn't want to fix, and had to cancel all their changes and start over.  Of course they should have resolved the validation, but they are users, and that is what some users do.  Saving after any add or change solves this, and solves the problem of search nonconcurrent collections.  If it's a look up table that's different.
    • Edited by Hessc Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:51 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:40 AM