Cannot Access the web site in Test Server and No Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

When I enter the URL in the Broweser to access a the site in the test server, I get error HTTP 500: This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented  the webpage from displaying. If I turn off the Friendly Error Message in the Internet option of the Browser, I don't get any error message. It just shows the blank page. I also tried out turning off the Custom Error Message in the web.config file.

I started to see this issue after I installed TFS in the Same server.

My question is what is causing this behavior and What can I do to fix this issue?

Any Suggestion that would help me solve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Monday, April 7, 2014 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Ripon,

The 500 internal server error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site’s server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is. Try to log error in your web application using tools like log4net and to see what happened.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:44 AM