none
Failure in Sending mail using SMTP adapter : The transport failed to connect to the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SMTP adapter to send a mail form BizTalk orchestration dynamically. the Mail sender, to ,cc,body,subject details are configured in SSO.

I am fetching the details at runtime. The same email server i am able to send email from my development environment.

while deploying in test environment i am getting an below error:

The transport failed to connect to the server.

Could you please let me know, do we need to do any settings for particular server name  in the testing server for sending mail.

Regards,

Aboorva

Regards, Aboorva Raja R Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:19 AM

All replies

• Can you paste in the whole error message?

If one machine works and the other doesn't, that usually means a network/firewall problem.

Can you telnet to the SMTP Server?  See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995718(v=EXCHG.65).aspx

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the telnet connection in dev server it is successful but i tried testing the same telnet in testing server it is failing.

Connection is not successful check the particular host it is not able to connect from the server while checking with telnet.

Could you please let me know how to provide the access to the particular host in the testing machine.So that i am able to connect to the testing server.

Thanks,

Aboorva

Regards, Aboorva Raja R Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:10 AM