Re: Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find add-on in Internet Explorer that saves all my old visited websites in the past weeks or months which I can also download in text file or csv file?

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi drudgereport,

It looks like you are looking for an add-on that can export the IE browsing history to the CSV file.

I try to search for an add-on but I did not get any information about the suitable add-on that can fulfill your requirement.

In my search results, I get one vb-script that can export the IE browsing history to the CSV file. You just need to double click the file and it will export the history on the same location.

You can download that vb-script from link below.

How to export the history of Internet Explorer to a CSV file (VBScript)

I am also posting the same script here.

For Each objPeriod In objHistory.Items  
        If objPeriod.Name = "Today" Then 
            If objPeriod.IsFolder Then  
                Set objSiteFolder = objPeriod.GetFolder  
                For Each objSite In objSiteFolder.Items  
                    If objSite.IsFolder Then  
                        Set objPageFolder = objSite.GetFolder        
                        For Each objPage In objPageFolder.Items  
                            strURL = objPageFolder.GetDetailsOf(objPage,0)  

strDateVisited = objPageFolder.GetDetailsOf(objPage,2)  

objLogFile.Write """" & objSite.Name & """,""" & strURL & """,""" & strDateVisited & """,""" & objPeriod.Name & """" 
                            objLogFile.WriteLine 
                        Next  
                    End If  
                Next  
            End If  
            WScript.Echo "Successfully exported history of Internet Explorer." 
      End If 
    Next  

Output:

Further, you can try to understand the script and try to modify it according to your requirements.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 5:22 AM