none
Help with images RRS feed

• Question

• Just tried to upload a sb program which is the same as the apple slide to unlock bar seen on many apple products. There are three images, the background of the slider, the arrow slider itself and the writing that shines  (GIF) on uploading it i then went to the address given to me and of course none of the images appeared. how do i upload it to the web with all the images?

Thanks

Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:31 AM

Answers

• When you publish your application, you can see some HTML code to the right of the web application. It should look something like this:

<object id='sbapp' data='data:application/x-silverlight-2,' type='application/x-silverlight-2' width='640' height='480'>

<param name='source' value='http://smallbasic.com/program/ClientBin/SBWeb.xap'/>

<param name='onError' value='onSilverlightError' />

<param name='background' value='white' />

<param name='minRuntimeVersion' value='3.0.40624.0' />

<param name='autoUpgrade' value='true' />

<param name='initParams' value='programId=PROGRAM_ID' />

</object>

Insert that into the HTML code of your website, and it should work.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Friday, December 30, 2011 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

The images your using need to be hosted online somewhere to use on an online application. Then use ImageList.LoadImage("URL HERE") to load your image into memory.

If you do a "Bing" search for image hosting you can find free websites to host your images.

If you require more help just ask.

Kirk.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Thanks for the help, and would i be right in saying i can then embed this into future websites i create?

Cheers,

joe

Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:10 PM
  • I havn't got as far as that with any application I have made but I believe from the website link that is generated when you click the upload button has the html code to embed silverlight straight into your browser.

I'm not sure if there is any compatibility issues with silverlight and other modern browsers. You might need to research that or just try run your application in different browsers.

Kirk.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:38 PM
  • When you publish your application, you can see some HTML code to the right of the web application. It should look something like this:

<object id='sbapp' data='data:application/x-silverlight-2,' type='application/x-silverlight-2' width='640' height='480'>

<param name='source' value='http://smallbasic.com/program/ClientBin/SBWeb.xap'/>

<param name='onError' value='onSilverlightError' />

<param name='background' value='white' />

<param name='minRuntimeVersion' value='3.0.40624.0' />

<param name='autoUpgrade' value='true' />

<param name='initParams' value='programId=PROGRAM_ID' />

</object>

Insert that into the HTML code of your website, and it should work.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Friday, December 30, 2011 11:58 PM