How to specify the version of .Net Frameworks appropriate for a particular dll RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know all the means that are available to configure/specify the version of the .Net Frameworks that are used by a particular dll deployed on a particular machine.

The reason for this is that I have a VS 1.0 Managed C++ app dll built against v 1.0 of the Frameworks that in certain circumstances is incorrectly trying to use v 2.0 of the Frameworks.

The circumstances are that the dll is being called from a legacy native Win32 C app through an exported C decl entry point (I understand that this is an inappropriate use of the dll but unfortunately for practical purposes I am stuck with it). This mechanism usually manages to use the correct version of the .Net Frameworks and 'works'. However, when run under Softgrid and Windows 2003, the process is incorrecly using v 2.0 of the Frameworks. So, I would like to know what my options are to try to encourage the dll to use the right version of the Frameworks in this situation.

PS It is not practical to simply remove the 'wrong' versions of the Frameworks.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:34 AM

All replies

• I would suggest that you ask this question in the coding forums, as it's really biased toward coding, and deployment more than higher level architectures.

Good luck,

Martin Platt.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 10:07 PM